Taking Our Case to Decision Makers: Effective State- and District-Level Advocacy
In this panel session moderated by Deb Levitov, attendees will learn about state- and district-level advocacy efforts in Arizona (Judi Moreillon), Michigan (Kathy Lester), New Jersey (Pat Tumulty), and Washington State (Christie Kaaland). Attendees will learn about the importance of building relationships with stakeholders to successfully advocate for equitable access to effective school libraries and will leave with ideas and tools to advocate in their own states, districts, and communities.
Participants learn about state- and district-level advocacy efforts in Arizona, Michigan, New Jersey, and Washington State.
- Kathy Lester, School Librarian, Plymouth (MI) Canton Community Schools
- Patricia Tumulty, Executive Director, New Jersey Library Association
- Deb D. Levitov, Editor, Teacher Librarian
- Christie Kaaland, Core Faculty, School of Education, Antioch University Seattle
- Judi Moreillon, Author & Researcher, Story Power