After Banned Books Week: Intellectual Freedom Programming Throughout the Year
What's one way to get students to read a book? Tell them they can’t! In this program, participants will learn about intellectual freedom programming, and how it can be used to develop critical thinking and collaboration skills, reach underserved audiences, broaden perspectives, and develop empathy.
- Betsy Gomez, Coordinator, Banned Books Week Coalition
- Christina Taylor, Co-Chair, CTX Teens & Kids Comic Con
- Jamie Gregory, Upper School Librarian, Christ Church Episcopal School
- Kristin Pekoll, Assistant Director of ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom, American Library Association
- Deborah Caldwell-Stone, Director, ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom, American Library Association