Developing Collections on Gender Relations and Feminism in the Twenty First Century: Part Two
Part Two will be a guide to works representing additional feminist theories of gender oppression as well as feminist alternatives. It will take up collection development on the following topics:
- Feminist Theories of Intersectionality
- Feminist Theories of Queer Identity
- Feminist Alternatives to Capitalism and Environmental Destruction
- Feminist Alternative to Domination in the Relationship of Self to Other
By the end of this webinar, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the contradictory developments in gender relations around the world in the past four decades
- Become familiar with the literature representing different currents in feminism today and how have they responded to the changes in gender relations
- Develop collections and programs that reflect these changes and currents.
Frieda Afary, Philosophy M.A., M.L.I.S., is an Iranian American public librarian, translator, and author of Socialist Feminism: A New Approach (Pluto Press, 2022). She is the 2023-2024 co-chair of PEN America’s Translation Committee.