Library Outreach for Underserved Children and Teens
Over the past several years, we’ve had to question notions about outreach services that many of us accepted on face value for years. Outreach is for everyone, and when it comes to young people, overlooked and marginalized populations can be particularly challenging to identify and reach.
In this two-course bundle, outreach expert and author Jessica Snow will provide a guide to serving both underserved teens and children. Over the course of eight weeks, you’ll learn strategies for identifying underserved youth in your community and how to ensure that your outreach services and community partnerships help them.
Registration for this bundle includes a physical and digital copy of Outreach Services for Teens: A Starter Guide, which will be used as the main text for the first course.
Courses included in this bundle:
- Outreach Services for Underserved Teens: 4-week eCourse, begins Monday, March 6, 2023
- Outreach Services for Underserved Children: 4-week eCourse, begins Monday, April 3, 2023
Through your participation in this course bundle, you will:
- Gain a larger understanding of the definition of outreach services for teens and children.
- Learn principles for the creation of your own outreach services.
- Identify goals and outcomes for your own outreach services.
- Be able to construct a comprehensive outreach services plan.
Jess Snow is the teen services team leader in Teen Central of the Boston Public Library. She was the first teen outreach librarian for the Oakland Public Library. Snow has established several outreach partners for both the Boston and Oakland libraries and has been providing outreach services for teens since 2003. She has written extensively about outreach, as well as presenting locally and nationally on outreach services to teens. Snow served on the VOYA (Voice of Youth Advocates) Advisory Board and had a regular column in VOYA for more than two years. She also served on the YALSA Board of Directors for two years.
If you have questions or requests regarding accessibility, contact us at email@example.com or at 312-280-5100.