Fundamentals of Management - Session 3.0
Core is pleased to announce the release of a new web course on the introduction to fundamental concepts of management. This course was developed by Julia Davis, an experienced information science professional with a strong passion for employee-focused leadership practices, accessibility and procedural standardization. Her experience includes time spent in both academic and public libraries, as well as the legal and insurance industries. She currently serves as the Information Systems Manager for Smith, Hulsey, and Busey, a full-service business law firm in Jacksonville FL. Julia Davis will lead the course.
The Fundamentals of Management course is designed for new managers to build the skill set they need to successfully lead their department or organization, as well as support existing managers looking to improve their skills.
Upon completion of this four-week course, attendees will:
- Recognize the key differences between management and individual contributor roles
- Define your own leadership style
- Effectively build relationships in the workplace
- Identify strategic practices for managing employees and their work
- Understand HR fundamentals and how to implement them in the workplace