Increasing Engagement Using Active Learning Techniques
Module 1: Active Learning Foundations
Module 2: Active Learning Techniques
Module 3: Curriculum Design Using Active Learning Technique
Module 4: Supporting Diverse Learners with Active Learning
- By the end of this course, participants will understand active learning and its application to a variety of instructional settings.
- By the end of this course, participants will be able to select and utilize instructionally appropriate active learning techniques.
- By the end of this course, participants will be able to design active learning curricula that both engages and supports diverse learners.
Nicole Spoor, Assistant Department Head for Teaching and Learning, University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Tech RequirementsThe course will be offered in the Moodle platform. A computer with Internet connection is required.
Your participation will require approximately 3-5 hours per week of primarily asynchronous activities to:
- Read the online course materials
- Post to online discussion boards or participate in optional Zoom chats
- Complete online exercises and/or final assignment
Participants who complete the course requirements will receive a certificate of completion.
Contact Margot Conahan at email@example.com with questions or requests for special assistance or accommodations.